Do YOU teach traditional music?
Then let me ask you a few questions….
- Have you ever felt bored and uninspired, teaching the same things week in, week out?
- Have you ever had a question and were unsure who to turn to for advice and guidance?
- Have you ever experienced imposter syndrome? Yes, that niggling self-doubt that you don’t really know what you are doing and one day you’ll be found out.
- Have you ever wondered if this is what you want to be doing at all?
You are not alone. I promise.
Challenges You Face if You Teach Traditional Music
Here’s the thing about traditional music teaching. We have spent years learning and developing as musicians. Yet here we are, flat out teaching, without ever really having much in the way of dedicated training. Think about it – we generally get no training to help us transform that great musical skill into great teaching.
Then, once we are already teaching, we have little or no ongoing professional development training opportunities or supports. What other profession leaves you to go it alone in this way? Not doctors, not accountants, not school teachers …
It’s no wonder that, from time to time, you might feel a bit overwhelmed. After all, you have to figure it all out for yourself. And keep figuring it out for as long as you teach traditional music!
Support is often in terribly short supply …There is no one to talk to about the work. There is no one to talk to about the struggle. There is no one to talk to about the gap between the dream … and the reality. – Eric Maisel, The Creativity Coach
“Support is often in terribly short
supply …There is no one to talk to
about the work. There is no one
to talk to about the struggle.
There is no one to talk to about
the gap between the dream … and
the reality.” – Eric Maisel, The Creativity Coach
Supports to Help You Teach Traditional Music
These are the reasons why I set up I Teach Trad: Professional Development for Traditional Music Teachers:
- It’s to offer training and support for you, the traditional music teacher.
- To help you transform your skills as a musician into skills as a traditional music teacher.
- To train you to teach traditional music as well as you perform it.
- And to share what I have learned – and am still learning – about teaching over the past 30 years to help others.
Over and over again, at all the courses I deliver, I hear the same feedback… Teachers are loving the opportunity to ‘talk teaching’ with other teachers. To share stories. Swap ideas. To know that there are plenty of other teachers experiencing exactly the same thing as them every day.
Global Online Community to Help You Teach Traditional Music
And that is why I am delighted to announce that we have now created the I Teach Trad Online Community. This is a place where traditional music teachers can hang out, meet other teachers, share ideas, ask questions. You will feel connected, supported and inspired. This is where your tribe is. This is where you want to be.
I Teach Trad Online Community – where the teaching conversation is happening.
Come and join us. We can’t wait to meet you! You can find us here at community.iteachtrad.com